SUD 102: Physiology and Pharmacology
Lecture Hours: 90
Total Clock Hours: 90
This course surveys the medical and pharmacological aspects of alcohol and psychoactive substances, includes theories and research pertaining to chemical dependency, pharmacological actions of drugs and drug classifications, medical and physical effects of alcohol and similar legal psychoactive drugs on the body. Additionally, the course will focus on damage to the brain, liver and other organs, tolerance, cross tolerance, and synergistic effects, physiological differences between males and females, the disease model, including signs and symptoms, neurobiological research and communicable diseases.
As a Bureau for Private Post-secondary Education approved college, New Creation College is dedicated to improving the lives of all our students, without regard to age, gender, race, religion, or economics. Our campuses are located in Costa Mesa and Rancho Cucamonga, California.
©Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved.
LINKS & INFO
- 5 Reasons You Should Get Your Addiction Counselor CertificateJune 20, 2017 - 10:07 pm
- How Can You Put Your Past Addiction Experience to Good Use?June 14, 2017 - 4:56 pm
- Career Outlook for Those in Addiction Studies CoursesJune 7, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- How can you make a difference for other recovering addicts?April 21, 2017 - 10:26 pm
- Drug Abuse Counselor Practice Options for the FutureMarch 17, 2017 - 5:54 pm