SUD 108: Clinical Externship
Total Clock Hours: 255
The course is a specialized and supervised field work practice in a selected setting that will afford the student the opportunity to develop and refine their knowledge and skills in chemical dependency counseling. This course will focus on 320 hours of practical experience performed by students at an approved site and specific application of the 12 Core Functions in a clinical setting. Students will attend one hour per week at the College or externship processing. Students are not expected to receive any stipend or monetary compensation from the clinical site during externship. The student may complete both courses at a single site or the courses may be completed at two separate sites, if deemed necessary by the site or New Creation College.
Prerequisite: ADC 107
New Creation College is dedicated to improving the lives of all our students, without regard to age, gender, race, religion, or economics. Our campuses are located in Costa Mesa and Rancho Cucamonga, California.
©Copyright 2017, All Rights Reserved.
LINKS & INFO
- 5 Reasons You Should Get Your Addiction Counselor CertificateJune 20, 2017 - 10:07 pm
- How Can You Put Your Past Addiction Experience to Good Use?June 14, 2017 - 4:56 pm
- Career Outlook for Those in Addiction Studies CoursesJune 7, 2017 - 8:27 pm
- How can you make a difference for other recovering addicts?April 21, 2017 - 10:26 pm
- Drug Abuse Counselor Practice Options for the FutureMarch 17, 2017 - 5:54 pm